Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm So Not Carrie Bradshaw

While I fancy myself somewhat of a Fashionista (and yes that was meant to be capitalized) and I do love me a cocktail, I don't think I could be further from this idealistic fantasy of a young woman that knows how to handle her relationships and emotions. Typically a blog like this would start out with "I couldn't help but wonder," or "Spotted," but not this time. This is The Diary of Another Twenty-Something Pill Popping Los Angeles Wannabe.

Being the shocking Los Angeles combination of an actress and writer, navigating my way thru life at times as felt pretty futile. In the land where prescription pads reign supreme I've found it pretty easy to numb myself- especially after a break up. "It's not you, it's me."
"I need to live on the edge."
"What you're asking for is reasonable I just can't give it to you."
After hearing all of those a few dozen times it's easy to get discouraged. My preferred method for coping with breakups are full days spent without 1) getting out of bed 2) performing any sort of hygenic routine and 3) eating 2 Carr's Water Crackers (gotta look good if you're gonna be back out there on the market).

But all kidding aside, something like the earthquake in Haiti happens or something tragic and out of the blue happens to a friend of a friend and we are all left with horrible reminders of how short life is and how it is unfortunately it can be cut even shorter in an instant. It's times like these when I feel like all of that depression and claiming that I'm "wearing a frown" when a girlfriend asks what I'm wearing to dinner seems so utterly pointless. Wallowing in our bubbles is really only cheating ourselves out of good times we could possibly have and new friends we could possibly meet.

Because I say NO to plagarism I will leave you all with a speech from a little show called Ugly Betty. Yeah I know it's been pretty silly this season but I must give credit where credit is due...and at least I'm not taking life advice from One Tree Hill anymore. At least now that Lucas and Peyton are off the show....(sorry but B.Davis just isn't doing it for me). So here's to Betty and reminding us that life is meant to be lived and how we can't let heartbreak or fear keep us from challenging ourselves and getting back on the horse.

" I've had to say good-bye more times than I may have liked, but everyone can say that. And no matter how many times we have to do it - even if it's for the greater good, it still stings. And although we will never forget what we've given up, we owe it to ourselves to keep moving forward. What we can't do is live our lives afraid of the next good-bye because chances are they are not going to stop. The trick is to recognize when a good-bye can be a good thing - when it's a chance to start over."
xoxo
Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment