Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's Britney bitch


"If you like it than you shoulda put a ring on it"- Beyonce

"I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" - Lady GaGa

"Hey baby whether it's now or later, you can't shake me, cuz I got you on my radar"- Britney Spears

"You make me wanna die. I'll never be good enough..."- The Pretty Reckless

Pop stars seem to be the only ones these days that can express their feelings. If I said any of the above I can assure you that I would have a restraining order, be placed under a 5150, and at the very least be de-friended on Facebook. In Los Angeles we have to fein interest and pretend like we we don't care when we don't get the morning after text. Sometimes I just want to ask what's doing on. Are we friends? Friend with benefits? Dating? Something more? Are you interested? I almost don't care but please just let me know where we are at so I can manage my feelings and expectations appropriately.

News flash boys (more often than not they are boys...not men)...we have feelings and we think all of these things. These songs are written for a reason. We aren't necessarily trying to get "wifed up" but we're allowed to have emotions. And it's fun to be silly and girly and go off into that fantasy world. And it's not always about YOU. A lot of times it's about the idea of you. So don't go running for The Hills and lock yourself away in your Laurel Canyon bungalow. And if it is...how bad is it that someone actually cares about you??? Seriously.

Thanks for the indulgence...just had to get that off my 34C chest. Until next time...

xx
Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment