Monday, October 3, 2011

Namaste


Namaste. Namaste. Namaste! I must say this 50+ times a day. I guess I think that the more you say it the more chance it has of working. But I'll be honest, I think it's my "serenity now", so see you all at Bellevue in the next five years. I practice yoga. Not as often as I'd like to, or as I should. But I never get that zen vibe from it. I always feel like I'm doing something good for my body but I never feel that equilibrium.

My mother was recovering from surgery and her insurance covered private yoga teacher/therapist told her that yoga was as stress relieving as 1/10th of Xanex. That it was the natural form released by your body. Well, I don't know if this lady has had grade A pharmaceutical Xanex but that is bullshit. I've never felt as calm on anything as I do on Xanex. It's not that I was to be a pill popper, despite my name, but I tried it the natural way and it has never worked.

Whenever something goes wrong in my day I say to myself (or blurt out loud depending on how critical the situation is) namaste!!! I'm still holding out hope that one day it will work- or at least lower my blood pressure.

Do you have any tricks for staying calm when shit hits the fan?
XO,
Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment